Sunday, May 17, 2009

District Tennis Champion

May 9 was the Freshmen District Tennis Tournament. My partner Hunter and I were super excited for it and were really psyched. We are the number 2 ranked boys doubles team on the Centennial Freshmen team, so we played all of the number 2 ranked teams at the tournament. We ended up playing a total of 5 teams from other schools and we went undefeated!

Here we are before the tournament. I love this picture because it shows how serious we are. The manila envelope Hunter is holding was full of papers we were supposed to give to the guy officiating the tournament. It just happened to sneak its way into the picture.


Great action shot of my serve. Would be even greater though if it were zoomed in a little bit. Sorry.


A great jump shot. If it were zoomed in a little on this one too, you would be able to see my crazy facial expression.



This is my trophy. When we won the tournament, the coach officiating gave us a handshake and congratulated us. After that I asked if there was a trophy or a cheeseburger coupon or something, but he said the handshake was it. Then he said "But you can have and old tennis ball and I'll sign it for you." So I made him write District Champions on an old tennis ball. Surprisingly it is probably one of my most prized trophies because it is one of the few that I have that aren't participation trophies. Looking at them all, I sure was good at participating.



1 comment:

Nate and Julie said...

Tanner. You're amazing. Not only are you a great participator, you're apparently a pretty decent tennis player too. Don't worry, I'll put you back in your place when I'm in Boise in June......Oh, it's also good to see my latest threat got you to finally post. Fear is such a good motivator.